[protege-discussion] UMLS TAB_problems

GEORGE LITSIOS litsiosgeorgios at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 02:03:07 PDT 2008

Hello again!

I'm trying to export an ontology made with "protege frames" and using the UMLS_TAB, at owl format.

When i'm doing this with protege 3.3.1 this is accomplished correct. You sujested me to use protege 3.4 cause this will be the next stable release, but when i try to export a frame project to owl this is not accomplished.

I'm going through "File->Export Format->OWL"  the message i took was "Export Failed: edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.MessageError at c1d188"   and at Java console "Warning: No ProjectView registered for project filename"

Can you give me some information about this?

Also i check out the .owl file which came from protege 3.3.1.  I'm using the UMLS_TAB as i said before,cause i want to enrich my ontology from UMLS.  There is a class "KB, with type class"  and a class "KB_ROOT, with type KB".

Can you please tell me if i delete "KB_ROOT", and "KB" classes, and replace all other types of classes (witch at this point is with type "KB") with the type "class", i will encounter eny problem at the next steps of my project?

I hope to  be understanable

Thank you in advance

George