[protege-discussion] WebProtege 0.5 Alpha

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 31 16:19:20 PDT 2008

Hello Bernard,

Chabot Bernard wrote:
> Well, I'm very desapointed, because I've make a brand new download
> with IE instead of Firefox.

I'm in the process of filing a bug with InstallAnywhere.  I'd like to be
able to say that I have completely ruled out the possibility of a
corrupt download.  I'm wondering if you'd be willing to verify the MD5
checksum of the installer file that you downloaded?

I'm not sure if you are downloading the version of the installer with a
VM or without a VM, so I've included the MD5 checksums for both:

7acf934da8e94263484893eaf687ff37    install_protege.exe (with a vm)

16af4921d09a4a971bea0e7a8c577a08    install_protege.exe (without a vm)

You can use the following freeware application to verify checksums:

http://www.kennethballard.com/modules/xproject/index.php?op=viewSummary&pid=2

> I've set my TEMP & TMP environment variables with a path on a disk
> with a lot of space (more than 20 Go)
> And I made a installation test with to machine under Windows XP : a
> laptop and a desktop
> The results are the same with the 2 machines :
>   - Install_protege.exe for Protégé 3.3.1 => OK
>   - Install_protege.exe for Protégé 3.4 (builld 513)  => KO
>   - Install_protege.exe for Protégé 4.0 (build 103) => KO

On a side note, we do offer a ZIP version of the installer for Protege
4.  If you have an immediate need to use Protege 4, you could use that
version of the installer instead:

http://protege.stanford.edu/download/protege4/zip/?C=N;O=D

Jennifer