[protege-discussion] Help on Bean Generator Plugin - reg

Csongor Nyulas csongor.nyulas at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 11 10:20:46 PDT 2008

Hi Prasanna,

The OntologyBeanGenerator plug-in generates Java code to represent
concepts for JADE message content. If you are not planning to work with
the JADE framework (a mobile agents platform written in Java) the
OntologyBeanGenerator is not for you. If you want to generate code for a
Java  API to access the content of an ontology you should try out the
Protege OWL Java Code generator which is an integrated part of Protege
and is accessible through the"Code --> Generate Protege-OWL Java Code" menu.

If you indeed need to use the OntologyBeanGenerator (to generate Java
code for JADE), you have to include in your ontology (for example the
e-tourism ontology) the OWLSimpleJADEAbstractOntology and make the
appropriate classes from your ontology subclasses of the Concept,
AgentAction resp. Predicate classes. Let me know if this is your case
because we developed an improved version of the OntologyBeanGenerator
plug-in and I can give you a pointer to where you can download the new
plug-in from.

Hope this helps,
Csongor