[protege-discussion] updating data model

Jones, Josette F. jofjones at iupui.edu
Thu Sep 18 18:06:20 PDT 2008

Greetings!

We  have followed the postings to the list with interest. Thanks they are mostly very instructive.

My team and I are developing an ontology for the Geriatric Syndrome  as part of a state funded grant for collaboration between the university and a local company.  The goal of the ontology is to drive a semantic web application for automated textmining  and DSS based on current research and local practices.
We started in July and although progressing we are not finished yet.   The company though wants to "freeze" in a datamodel.  I'm a liitle wary of this since we have not extensively tested the ontology and its constraints.

How can we continue to refine and test our model and update the datamodel?  Any suggestions. Thanks for your time

Have a gentle day!
Josette
Josette Jones, RN, PhD
Assistant Professor School of Informatics and School of Nursing
Indiana University, Indianapolis
535 Michigan Avenue
Room 491
Indianapolis, IN 46202