[protege-discussion] Instance/Triple

Emmanuel Ramos emmanuel_ramos12 at yahoo.com.br
Tue Sep 23 15:50:52 PDT 2008

Excuse my bad English! I am brazilian guy and I am using a very bad translator!

Hello Protégé Team!

I am sending some questions to the mailing list, if somebody answers I will be me very thankful!

Questions:

1 - As step-by-step works the instantiation process of a OWL ontology in Protégé? If possible to highlight which interfaces/classes (Instance, Simple Instance, and more...) they are involved in this process (class diagram).

2 - Which the difference in carrying a ontology using an OWLModel instead of JenaOWLModel? Which to you differentiate among those two models?

3 - Considering a small ontology created:

Classes - Country, State and City

Propertie – belongs

Individuals -   Country> Brazil
     State> Rio de Janeiro
     City> Rio de Janeiro

Where: City belongs State
State belongs Country

Which the necessary methods to print in the screen the triples:
"Rio de Janeiro belongs Brazil "
"Rio de Janeiro belongs Rio de Janeiro "

 How would the code be to accomplish this search?

If they can me to remove those doubts I will be very happy!

Thank you!

 Again excuse my English! I am using a very bad translator!

      Novos endereços, o Yahoo! que você conhece. Crie um email novo com a sua cara @ymail.com ou @rocketmail.com.
http://br.new.mail.yahoo.com/addresses