[protege-discussion] An Ontology Model For any Organization

Mehdi Amani mehdi_amani at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 12:00:56 PDT 2009

Dear All,
I need an Ontology for a General Organization. I know any organization is made up of actually a number of (or even One) Directed Binary Emloyee to EmployeeS upervision Relation, but this is really too simplistic. even in the Newspaper example of protege they start defining classes, other relations even person, then you will have users, groups, Reverse Slots & .....Even if we assume a virtual box around a set of employees inside the Newpaper Organizational Charts We can have Departements & so on...... I was Wondering if any one has done a ontology model for a typical Organization, which could be refined to build ontology of a University all the way to then Newpaper example. If anyone has done such a modeling even at it's crwedest level I will apriciated highly to share thier knowledge . any help is greatly appreciated.

SincerelyMehdi Amani