[protege-discussion] An Ontology Model For any Organization

Leslie Barrett lbarrett29 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:14:49 PDT 2009

Hi Mehdi,
I am a Director of Language Technology at the Financial Times and this is the kind of thing that comes up often around here. First, it would help to know how this ontology is going to be used as a resource and by whom. Next, you have to assume certain basic relations that may have nonetheless a wide variety of population conventions. For example, every Organization has a REPORTS_TO relation between employees that is based on ROLES, but the role structure will differ between companies and departments. So, for example, an organization division can have a CTO that reports to *another* CTO who runs technology for the parent company. So there is some division-inheritance there. It is an interesting topic. Furthermore, the relations between ROLE and JOB RESPONSIBILITY are not one-to-one. Would be happy to give you more examples.

Regards,
Leslie Barrett