[protege-discussion] SWRL Disjonction

narjess touzani narjess_tz at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 2 22:59:00 PDT 2009

I use SWRL rules in oder to infer knwoledge. I have to model pedagogical knowledge, then infer them to provide assistance.
So, if i had understand right, there is no need to write SWRL rules? and only from resonnig ontology i can extract whatever information I want?
Anotehr question, I want to know when must I use class or instance? how can I decide to use the one or the other? Because in my example, I used "case_study" and "analysis" as instances of the class "Activity" , and "Production" instance of the class "activity_type". In your mail you propose me a different hierarchy:
   Activity
      Production
         case_study
         analysis
where all of them are classes. What is the difference?
I thought that in an ontology, i must specify class instances. furthermore, by specifying instances I will be able to write SWRL rules, that is?
Best regards