[protege-discussion] Code generation and listeners

Paradies, Simon simon.paradies.ext at siemens.com
Tue Apr 7 02:01:13 PDT 2009

Hi all,

How can I use listeners when using the Java code generation feature?
There does not seem to be a possibility to do that.
For instance, when creating a concept like
concept = factory.createConcept(null);
I know of no way to add a listener to the created concept.
The only way seems to provide a name like
concept = factory.createConcept(name);
with which I would be able to retrieve the concept using the "normal"
API and then adding listeners.
A second possibility would be to manually add this feature to the
generated Java code.
Is there another workaround and wouldn't it be nice to have the adding
and removing listeners feature also to be auto-generated;)?

Cheers
Simon