[protege-discussion] [WebProtege] Java.rmi.ConnectException || ClassNotFoundException:edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.Server

Brice Sommacal brice.sommacal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 11:20:19 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm actually trying to run on WebProtege my ontology to get a better
rendering to the users of the base.

I was trying to set up WebProtege on mu laptop. But unfortunately, i didn't
succeed :S

Here are my errors.

Firstly, Following the step by step guide on the wiki, this error is showing
up:

SEVERE: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1;
nested
 exception is:
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:601)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:198
)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:184)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java:322)
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.rebind(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.Server.bindName(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.Server.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.Server.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.Server.startServer(Unknown
Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.Server.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirect
SocketFactory.java:22)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMaster
SocketFactory.java:128)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:595)
        ... 9 more
 -- Server.bindName()
SEVERE: server startup failed -- java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection
[...]

I also tested to change the ports and the hostname. But, nothing changed!
Secondly, following the more advanced guide, I entered that:

D:\Protege_3.4RC3>start "rmiregistry" /min "C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bi
n\rmiregistry.exe"

(which works!)

then:

D:\Protege_3.4RC3>java -Xmx200M -cp
protege.jar:looks-2.1.3.jar:unicode_panel.ja
r -Djava.rmi.server.codebase=file:/d:/Protege_3.4RC3/protege.jar
edu.stanford.sm
i.protege.server.Server examples\server\metaproject.pprj

And, I get this:

edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.Ser
ver
Could not find the main class: edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.Server.
Program
will exit.

I was trying that from work ( where my lapotop is inside a specific domain),
and from home... where I usually don't get any problems connecting
elsewhere.

I work with the lastest version of Protege and WebProtege.
I'm really lost with these errors.

Could please someone give me any hints to work with that?
Cheers,

Brice Sommacal