[protege-discussion] SQWRL - Querying the Inferred Model in Protégé

Karim Salhi karimsalhi at netaxis.fr
Fri Apr 17 01:26:35 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am developing an OWL ontology using Protégé 3.4.  I have successfully installed the SWRL Tab and I am using SQWRL to query my model. This works fine except that the queries always execute on the asserted model.

 Is there a way to have SQWRL execute on the inferred model ?

Example :

Class definition :

o     Gender ≡ Male * Female

o     Male ( * Female )

o     Female (* Male)

o     Person ≡ Man * Woman

o     Man ≡ Person ∩ hasSex $ Male  ∩ hasSex " Male

o     Woman ≡ Person ∩ hasSex $ Female  ∩ hasSex " Female

Individuals:

o     Man_1 * Man

o     Person_1 * Person

o     hasSex ( Person_1, Male)

Using Pellet from Protégé, I get the inferred individuals:

Person (1/2)

o     Person_1

o     Man_1   ….. Inferred

Man(1/2)

o     Man_1

o     Person_1   ….. Inferred

SQWRL  :

Person(?x)   → sqwrl:select(?x)

o     Person_1

o     Man_1

Man(?x)     → sqwrl:select(?x)

o     Man_1

o     (Person_1 does not show up in this query  )  <-- This is what I want to fix

Thanks in advance for any suggestion of how I could fix this issue.

Best Regards,

Karim Salhi

Netaxis