[protege-discussion] [WebProtege] Java.rmi.ConnectException || ClassNotFoundException:edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.Server

Ron Schultz rcaschultz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 07:23:27 PDT 2009

Brice,

I too setup WebProtege on my laptop. I had some issues with the
installation. Maybe this will jog some ideas.

.         The batch files assume that Java is installed in a specific place
(set JDKBIN=.). That was not true in my case and the RMI registry was not
starting properly.

.         My laptop's firewall was not open to the correct ports.

.         Also, I noticed your classpath (-cp) has colons ':' as delimiters,
instead of semicolons ';'.

o   -cp protege.jar:looks-2.1.3.jar:unicode_panel.jar.

.         I am not sure this is valid and may be causing the Class Not Found
exception because the classpath is invalid.

Hope this helps.

Ron