[protege-discussion] plz help!! i've trubles in protege with arabic

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 28 12:58:34 PDT 2009

What problems did you exactly have with the Arabic characters? Did you
try to define the ontology contents in Arabic, or you would like to have
the user interface (menus, dialogs, etc.) in Arabic?

For the first case, Protege should handle the Arabic encoding for you.
For example, if you use the menu Edit -> Insert Unicode character, and
add a documentation or comment that contains an Arabic character,
Protege will save that in UTF-8, and when you reopen the project you
should see the right charachters.

If it is the 2nd case, then please read this webpage for instructions on
how to have the user interface of Protege in Arabic:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/resource_bundles.html

Tania