[protege-discussion] Protege Reporting

Ron Schultz rcaschultz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 19:19:58 PDT 2009

 I have been exploring reporting options from Protégé and am wondering what
others have seen. I know that there are utilities to convert a Protégé
ontology into a set of corresponding relational database tables, and then
run reports off of these tables. While this works, this seems like a great
deal of overhead to generate reports. The DocGen plug-in is more to my
liking, but it too has its limitations (primarily lack of flexibility in the
reporting output).

Has anyone had experiences with other utilities? I tried iReport and
JasperReports against the XML, and while this works in a most basic sense,
Jasper renders HTML as raw text (and not formatted). This makes reporting on
slots that contain HTML fairly useless.

Any hints or pointers to other utilities would be appreciated.

Ron Schultz