[protege-discussion] writing morphology rules in JESS!

Samson Tu swt at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 4 16:02:08 PDT 2009

Assuming your classes have a slot like "has_name", then your Jess rule
in JessTab would be something like

(defrule DerivedNoun
   (object (is-a Verb)(has_name ?verb))
   (not (object (is-a DerivedNoun)(has_name ?y(eq ?y (str-cat ?verb
=>
   (bind ?noun (make-instance of DerivedNoun (has_name (str-cat ?verb
"er"))))
)

You shoul consult the Jess and JessTab manuals for exact syntax.

Samson