[protege-discussion] Ontology based applications!!

Sohaib Ahmed vincarosea81 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 19 15:33:21 PDT 2009

Hi All!!

Thanx for Tim and Michael for ur replys.. but i think so i m not much clear in describing my problem..anywayz..i will try again to explain in a simplied form..

"I want to develop a adaptive learning management system by using ontologies"... (Goal)

Now the question arises...how i can develop ontology...so Protege 4.0 can help me in this regard..right After developing ontology in Protege 4.0 then i want to develop a system how i can do that...after googling i found two APIs...Jena API and OWL API ...Now my question is that...

Can you plz guide me how i can implement an existing ontology (developed in Protege 4.0) means a file present somewhere in my system with .owl extension..by using that particular ontology i want to develop a system...Is there any tutorial available which can be helpful in this regard...

As far as my research goal is concerned, i want to see whether ontologies can help in understanding different learners and their behaviours or not??...

I hope i m much clear in my queries this time...

Thanking you in advance...

Sohaib Ahmed
Doctoral Candidate