[protege-discussion] Open in Protege

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 24 10:03:46 PDT 2009

> The first page of webprotege I have a link which is Open in Protege
> but it is asking me for Host Machine Name, Username and Password. My
> question is what shall I have under Host Machine name if I have
> everything installed on my pc? I already tried localhost and
> localhost:8080 but it gives me an error message with Unable to connect
> to te server. Is the username and password is the same that I am using
> in webprotege that is stored in metaproject?.

This will only work if you have set

    load.ontologies.from.protege.server=true

and started the protege server as described in [2].  This should start
up the protege rich client which will by pass web-protege and access the
protege server directly.  The user names and passwords can be found in
the meta project file and the Protege client-server is described in more
detail here [1].

> Once I configured eclispse with webprotege, is it possible to create
> new features within webprotege or plugins?

I know that people (even outside stanford) are doing this.

>       * Finally, is there any tutorials or instructions in the web or
>         a book or even an article explaining how to develop plugins or
>         any new features within webprotege.

The only documentation that I know for developing in Web-protege is this
page [3].

-Timothy

[1]
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Protege_Client-Server_Tutorial