[protege-discussion] Using a custom Look and Feel library

Lawrence Y mlawry at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 15:44:32 PST 2009

Hi, I'm using Protégé 3.4 (beta) and I have developed a few plugins for use
on Mac OS X. I'm wondering how can I tell Protégé to use my own look and
feel library?

Specifically, I wish to use the Quaqua look and feel library so the
end-users get a consistent UI experience when using Protégé. There are
several things I wish to "fix":

1. The Open Project dialog window do not present files for selection in a
manner consistent with Mac OS X. This I believe is a problem with
JFileChooser, which the Quaqua look and feel offers an improved version.

2. Drag-and-drop of multiple elements from 1 JList to another JList. My
plugins makes extensive use of drag-and-drop gestures; to drag multiple
items from a JList you have to right-click and drag, otherwise you end up
selecting an item instead. Quaqua look and feel fixes this as well.

I know there is the Look And Feel sub-menu in Windows menu, is there a
"plugin" that allows me to add Quaqua to this menu?

Thanks,
Lawrence.