[protege-discussion] ideas to represent ontology

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Mon Feb 9 12:45:39 PST 2009

On Feb 7, 2009, at 1:40 AM, GEORGE LITSIOS wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Sorry if the e-mail came two time but i didn't received it in the
> list.
>
> I have made one ontology for my master thesis and now i want to
> document it in my master thesis document. But i have no idea what to
> use so to visualize it in a good way in my document. The ontology
> has at most 4 levels in the hierarchy of subclasses, and after this
> the individuals.  Do you have any proposition, at which tool to use
> to visualize it in a good way, and put it in my documentation, so
> someone to be in position to can read it in a good way?

In addition to the suggestions about graphical visualization,
sometimes a simple outline form is preferable.  Particularly if you
don't have much in the way of multiple inheritance.  That would give
you a view very much like the editing interface.