[protege-discussion] (JythonScript)

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Thu Feb 12 02:15:55 PST 2009

Hi Jad,

Looks like your 'accountNameProperty' is not an object of type
RDFProperty, so the Java API call is failing.
I've found that in the Jython scripting 'new'-ing classes of more
complex types doesn't always work. However, you can get references to
what you need by making a call to the knowledgebase ('kb') to give you
a proper instance of a class.

So, for example, RDFProperty is an interface, so you need to make sure
that 'accountNameProperty' has been instantiated correctly, so that
it's an instance of a class that implements this interface.

Could you tell us how 'accountNameProperty' is instantiated? From what
I can see of the Javadoc, the only way to get an instance (in Java/
Python terms) of an RDFProperty is to called
RDFResource.getRDFProperties(), which gives you a collection of
properties.

So your code would be something like:

aRDFPropertyList = darwinIndividual.getRDFProperties()
accountNameProperty = None
for aProperty in aRDFPropertyList:
	// Identify the required property and set accountNameProperty to hold
it. e.g.
         if aProperty.getName() == "accountname":
		accountNameProperty = aProperty

darwinIndividual.setPropertyValue(accountNameProperty, "ABC")

I'm not sure of the details of the if statement to identify the right
property from the list (I've spent all my time in Protege Frames) but
you get the idea.

Hope this helps

Regards

Jonathan