[protege-discussion] Protege localisation

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 18 14:51:19 PST 2009

Hello Mikhail,

Some time ago, one of the Protege staff members created a Russian
version of the protege_text.properties file.  You can download this file
from our Subversion repository:

http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/svn/protege-core/trunk/src/edu/stanford/smi/protege/resource/files/protege_text.properties.ru

You can place this file in the root directory of your Protege
installation and removed the ".ru" from the end in order for Protege to
use it.

Unfortunately, this file has not been kept up to date.  I tried it using
Protege 3.4 beta, and could see that some things are translated to
Russian, but many other things in the user interface are simply
displayed as the property names from the properties file:

Protege in Russian

The root of the problem seems to be that some of the property names were
changed in the English version, but these changes were not propagated to
the Russian and French versions of the files.  However, I think you may
find this useful as a starting point, i.e., you will not have to start
from scratch.  Also, the translations were entered as Unicode.

Jennifer