[protege-discussion] [owl api 2.0] Equivalent Classes

Camila Bezerra kemylle at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 11:04:12 PST 2009

Hi Robert,

I think so maybe could be this....

To represent relation of inheritance you do this...
* OWLAxiom axiom = factory.getOWLSubClassAxiom(clsA, parent);
 AddAxiom addAxiom = new AddAxiom(ontology, axiom);
 getManager().applyChange(addAxiom);*
Where factory is a reference to class OWLDataFactory.

First, you should create a description that represent "kilometrosRecorridos
some int[>= 2000]"
Like,   *OWLDescription description =
factory.getOWLObjectMaxCardinalityRestriction(property, value);*
where, property = kilometrosRecorridos and value = 200

After, you create the axiom of the equivalence
*OWLAxiom axiom = factory.**getOWLEquivalentClassesAxiom(class,
description);*
where class = Sust_Ambulances, and description =
EquivalentClass=(kilometrosRecorridos some int[>= 2000])

And save the axiom...
*AddAxiom addAxiom = new AddAxiom(ontology, axiom);
getManager().applyChange(addAxiom);*

best

--
Camila Bezerra