[protege-discussion] Edit SWRL in Protege 3.4 without additional imports

Vitor Barbosa eng.vitor.barbosa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 03:18:52 PST 2009

Hello everyone,

I created an ontology using Protege 3.4, added some SWRL rules using the
builtins from the SWRL submission, and saved it. However, the SWRLTab
automatically includes lots of imports from the SWRLTab builtins which I'm
not using at the moment. Therefore I ended up by removing the imports
manually.

The problem is that, whenever I open the ontology for editing porpuses (SWRL
or OWL related) the SWRLTab builtins imports are added once again, against
my (the final user) will.
I think you have done a great job by producing these builtin libraries (the
features provided are tremendous), but there should be a way to give the
option to the user to decide if he/she really wants to use the
aforementioned builtin libraries, one by one or for all of them. I'm not
using them at the moment, but it doesn't necessarily means that it is not
going to change.

This way, I would like to know if it is possible (or safe) to edit the
source code from the SWRLTab to ensure that the imports are no longer added
to the ontology. Any clue on how to do this?

Best regards,
Vitor