[protege-discussion] WebProtege Question(s)

Ron Schultz rcaschultz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 19:09:43 PST 2009

To the Protege Team:

I spent some time over the holidays adding in instance editing and instance
creation into Web Protege, since my need only requires editing and creating
instances of an already stable ontology. The Web Protege base code, after a
few Guiness, became pretty straightforward to modify - albeit GWT does throw
some twists. One question I have is the handling of slots having multiple
values. I noticed that in WebProtege slots with multiple values just show as
repeats of the slot name with each new value - which while it works is not
very intuitive. I was wondering if the Protege team had yet come up with a
user interface pattern or approach to address this issue? If not - then I
will experiment on my own.

Also, is the design of WebProtege documented anywhere? I was considering
running doxgen against it but was not sure if I was blazing down an already
completed trail.

Again, thank you Protege team. Web Protege is wonderful to work with.

Ron Schultz