[protege-discussion] Protege 3.4 and MS SQL Server 2005

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Thu Jan 8 09:04:23 PST 2009

Hi,

About a year ago, I ran into some trouble with using MS SQLServer 2005
as the database for my project in Protege 3.3.1. I tracked it down to
the way in which the indices are created and a size limit on the keys.

I've noticed that the code in the source code repository for the
DatabaseFrameDb.java has changed significantly since version 3.3.1 and
is clearly taking a different approach to how the frames are stored in
a database.

Does this resolve the issue with Ms SQL Server 2005 as the database
backend?
Is anyone using SQL Server 2005 with Protege 3.4?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Jonathan
_______________________________________

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd
Web: www.enterprise-architecture.com
_______________________________________

Assess your EA maturity at:
_______________________________________

W O R L D    C L A S S    A R C H I T E C T U R E

This message is confidential and may be privileged. It is for the
exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the
intended recipient(s) please notify the sender and delete the message
immediately. Unauthorised disclosure, distribution and copying of this
email is strictly prohibited. The opinions expressed within this
message are those of the individual author. Whilst EAS Ltd take
reasonable steps to scan this email it does not accept liability for
any virus that may be contained in it. EAS Ltd, 29 Harley Street,
London W1G 9QR. Telephone +44 (0)20 7612 4322 Fax +44 (0)20 7182 6749