[protege-discussion] WebProtege Question(s)

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 8 18:33:49 PST 2009

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the feedback. As Jennifer said, we are quite busy now with
the Protege 3.4 release. After the release, we will put more effort into
WebProtege.

The instance acquisition in WebProtege is not yet implemented. We have
another project that uses GWT and Protege as a backend for instance
acquisition that might give you an idea about how that could look like:

http://biositemaps.bioontology.org/editor/

(on the intro screen, choose "Create new biositemap")

The multiple values of a slot/property should be probably shown in a
list widget for instances, rather that it is now (we used the annotation
property widget in Protege as a model). In any case, we would probably
have multiple portlets for editing slot values, so that a project can
choose  whichever portlet it is more appropriate. (similar to the form
customization in protege)

We are currently working on finalizing the plugin infrastructure that
will allow developers to implement their own portlets and tabs.

If you will develop meanwhile the slot value editing, and would like to
share it, we would be happy to integrate it into the WebProtege
distribution.

Cheers,
Tania