[protege-discussion] Help required on ontology project.

saptha rishi vikkiganesh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 04:11:54 PST 2009

Thank you Mr.Jonathan,

                   Very kind of you sir,i went through your mail and got a
better idea of what to do and what not.I understood that we must run protege
in server mode and java api in client mode and use it to interogate with
protege.

                   I have some doubts sir can you please clarify or correct
me ,

> Can i have values inserted at each class (sub-class ,individual etc) or
should i use a database to store the value ,do you feel what i did was
correct or please tell how to do it sir.

>Sir let me explain briefly about my project

I want to develop a ontology based search engine for geospatial information.

My modules:-

1)User Interface,

2)Ontology Representation,

3)Searching,

4)Displaying

Now i have created my user interface as an jsp page using netbeans sir

and have also developed the ontology by using protege.

After this i am having lots of cofusion sir,

1)Since i am doing a search engine on geospatial information i want to store
maps of countries and continents,where can i store it

> Either in mysql or in a local database and have reference of the image in
the ontology(That to dont know where exactly to place the reference)

2)How to interrogate the ontology using my jsp page as the front end.

3)Where to write the search code,

These are my worries sir,

and i hope i will get a solution for this from you,

Again thanks a lot for the reply sir,

eagerly waiting for your reply

Rishi.V

Note:-

I have attached my ontology files sir please say whether i am doing it right
or not.