[protege-discussion] [step-by-step] ontology construction guide

Filipe Pinto fpinto at estg.ipleiria.pt
Tue Jan 13 06:48:15 PST 2009

hello everybody,

I'm trying to implement an ontology in marketing field. at this moment I've already
developed some work with protege, regarding marketing knowledge structure.

Now I'm facing a new and different problem: What should I do next?
- Do I need to programme? which are programming requirements need?
- do I need to creat any database to hold the information?
- do I need to know java (or any other language)?
- how can I infer over my knowledge base?

According to some recent posts (books, help and so on...)I believe that would be very
interesting that any of most active discussants could introduce a check list from the
scratch to the fully ontology construction.

Best regards
Filipe Pinto

--
Webm at il ESTG -  (http://www.estg.iplei.pt)