[protege-discussion] Help required on ontology project.

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Tue Jan 13 07:19:04 PST 2009

Hi Awatef,

Protege is all Java - so there isn't an arabic version of Protege as
such. However, being Java and all text being Unicode, it should be
able run on a machine that is operating in an Arabic locale. To what
extent all of the Protege components are fully internationalized, I'm
not sure. It could be that only certain fields will work, e.g. text
fields, text areas.

I'm assuming that you've tried running it on an arabic workstation?
There may be something that you can do to configure your Java Runtime
to support your locale.

Take a look at this http://en.allexperts.com/q/Java-1046/Display-Arabic-Data-Java.htm

Basically, you include i18n.jar (included in the JRE) to your classpath.

Regards

Jonathan

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd

Assess your EA maturity at: