[protege-discussion] plugin development in protege3.3.1

chenreddy pradeep chenreddypradeepreddy at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 11:55:33 PST 2009

Hello everybody ,

I try to develop protoge 3.3.1(tab widget) plugin  with eclipse tool, i tried with the  documentation given in potoge
http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/plugins/tab_widget.html.
i tried to generated ArtifactManager jar file using eclipse tool. i  added this jar file in
<protege_install_dir>/plugins folder . but   I can't see my plugin when I open Protégé ->project ->configure .

my plug in contains 2 files 1. ArtifactManager.jar
                                       2. plug in properties file

Artifact Manager.jar contains manifest.mf file

manifest.mf file contains
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: Ragge

Name: ArtifactManager/ArtifactManager.class
Tab-Widget: True

and plug in properties files contains
plugin.component.count=1
plugin.component.name.0=ArtifactManager

even i tried with the example frame counter given in  http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/plugins/tab_widget.html .
I generated framecounter jar file using eclipse tool. I added this jar file in
<protege_install_dir>/plugins folder . but   I can't see my plugin when I open Protégé ->project ->configure .
 but   I can't see my plugin when I open Protégé ->project ->configure .
my framecounter.jar consists of
manifest.mf file contains
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: Reddy

Name: examples.tabwidget/FrameCounter.class
Tab-Widget: True

and plug in properties files contains
plugin.component.count=1
plugin.component.name.0=FrameCounter

could  you please guide me to  solve my problem.

Regards
Reddy