[protege-discussion] Fw: plugin development in protege3.3.1

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Tue Jan 20 04:58:19 PST 2009

Hi Reddy,

Your manifest looks OK - make sure it's in the right place in your JAR
file. I had to fiddle with this when I moved from on older version of
Eclipse to one of the more recent ones. If you view your JAR (e.g.
with RAR or using 'jar - tvf <your JAR>') then it should be in META-
INF/MANIFEST.MF

Also, make sure that your plugin.properties is not in your JAR file.
To 'install' your plugin, create a directory in the 'plugins'
directory under Protege root, e.g. Protege_3.3.1/plugins, that is
called ArtifactManager (I'm assuming that this is the package name of
your plugin) and then copy your JAR and your plugins.properties files
in here.

If your ArtifactManager.class actually has a different package name,
i.e. it's fully qualified name is not ArtifactManager.ArtifactManager
then you need to make sure that the MANIFEST and the directory name
that you use in the plugins directory are updated to use the fully
qualified package name of your class.

So, to use the FrameCounter example, note that it's package name is
examples.tabwidget and it would be installed in a directory called
examples.tabwidget under 'plugins'.

Hope this makes sense and helps

Regards

Jonathan