[protege-discussion] OWL to Relational database

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Thu Jan 22 06:47:31 PST 2009

Hi Deepti,

Firstly, I'm using Protege Frames - this might make a difference.

Basically, I followed the online tutorial but the steps were.

1. Create a user account in MySQL for Protege.
2. Create an empty database in MySQL for Protege to use.
3. From my Protege project, I selected File->Convert Project to
Format... and selected Protege Database.
4. You are then presented with a dialog to enter all the required
details:

- username:
- password:
- database name:
- JDBC Driver Class name: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
- JDBC URL: jdbc.mysql://localhost/<your db name>
- Table: <use something like your ontology name>

When you do this, Protege will connect to the database, create the
table and insert rows for your ontology.

JDBC Driver.
Make sure that you have the MySQL JDBC driver in your class path. The
easiest way to do this is to copy it to a file called, 'driver.jar',
in the <Protege Install> directory.

Hope this helps
Regards

Jonathan