[protege-discussion] "java.net.ConnectException" error

Nick Drummond nick.drummond at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Fri Jan 23 02:36:55 PST 2009

Hi Stephen,

There could be many reasons for this.
I would recommend posting the entire exception trace which might
provide more clues.
The developer of the ACE view might also have some suggestions [1].
If you believe you have set the plugin and server up correctly but you
have firewalls that may be preventing access have you checked to see
whether java is struggling to access the web? You could try
downloading an owl file from the web to see if this succeeds.
There are several posts about proxy settings that can be found by
googling "protege proxy" (eg [2] - depending on how you start protege
you would put this in the lax file, mac application plist or in the
appropriate startup script). I am no expert but there might be a few
things worth trying.

Nick

[1] http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/aceview/
[2] https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-discussion/2007-February/000735.html