[protege-discussion] Reified Relations

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at
Sun Jan 25 08:53:35 PST 2009

Basically, a reified relation is just a relation that has attributes
of its own. Define a class with slots for the attributes that you need
to have on the relation and then an Instance slot for each end of the
relation. See the :DIRECTED-BINARY-RELATION class for examples. It's
like defining a link class in OO systems, if you are familiar with
that sort of thing.

Then, to make the relation, for each of your classes that appear on
the 'ends' of the relation, define an Instance slot to contain your
new reified relation class.

Hope this helps

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd

Assess your EA maturity at: