[protege-discussion] Reified Relations

Peter Kovari peter.kovari at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 14:57:51 PST 2009

Additionally you could improve the experience by using InstanceTableWidget
type to show your connection instances in the frames for the nodes. Modify
the table slightly so it shows only "other end" of the connection and the
attributes, and does not show "this end" of the connection. This way you
would view/edit the connections and the slots on them at the instance, and
you would not need to open the connection instance to view/edit the
connection slots.
You will need to create two of these tables to present inbound and outbound
connections, which is not ideal, but slightly better than dealing with
individual connection instances.
Ideally Protege would have "special" widget for Instances with relation-type
class instances with similar configurations like the InstanceTableWidget or
other widgets.

Good luck,
Peter

Peter Kovari