[protege-discussion] DataMaster import of Instance/Relationship data

Jeff Sents sents at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 1 06:26:49 PDT 2009

Hopefully an easy question regarding DataMaster.

I have two classes defined: A & B.  Class A has a slot defined as "uses B",
which is of type Instance, and represents the relationship between the two
such that when using the instance viewer, I can add instances of B directly.
(The "uses B" slot also has the inverse relationship/slot "is used by A"
defined.)

I've had no problem importing the straight attribute data for A (name,
description, etc.), but cannot seem to get DataMaster to pull in the B
instances for the "uses B" slot.

Other notes;
The DB column name seems to be correct as I get the "Slot Already Exists"
dialog.
I've tried recreating both tables A & B in the DB with appropriate FK
relationships, thinking that might be needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.