[protege-discussion] Build for Collaborative/Web Protege

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 6 08:46:25 PDT 2009

>> Is it in general **required** that every pair of client-server be
>> using the same build?  Is that true of every build, or must we use
>> build 128?

Yes - this is generally required for rmi applications.  But generally
there is a little bit of slack - sometimes you can get away with
slightly different versions.  But what has happened recently is that
we have made some changes that have reduced this slack and it is now
(with the latest release) important that  the client and the server
are exactly the same version.

> I installed the latest version:  Protege 3.4.1 build 537.  So if I get
> collaborative protege/webprotege running, must my collaborators also
> have build 537?

yes.  (except of course for the web clients...)

-Timothy