[protege-discussion] Collaborative Protege follow on

adam at wyner.info adam at wyner.info
Sun Jul 19 09:06:19 PDT 2009

Hi,

I believe I erred in my previous invitation to try Collaborative
Protege on my server.  The instructions for connecting to the server
are clear either localhost (if on the machine where the server is
installed) or the DNS name.  The IP Address is not sufficient and will
not connect to the server.  I had not been paying attention to that
part of the instructions yet.  I'm sure there is some reason why the
DNS name is required and the IP address is not sufficient (given the
relationship between them), but it is unclear to me what the rationale
is.  It will require that I pay for and set up a DNS name for this
machine, which will take some time (and I'm not sure it is worth it).

Best,
Adam Wyner