[protege-discussion] Collaborative Protege one more bit....

adam at wyner.info adam at wyner.info
Sun Jul 19 09:49:38 PDT 2009

Hi,

Some other bits of information.  Timothy Redmond had suggested that I
test port forwarding with the Protege server running.  This works with
local host.  Using the IP Address fails, though Timothy's instructions
on this would have indicated an IP Address would be OK.  5300 is the
Protege server port.  I also tried 1099, which is the port for
rmiregistry.  It seems port forwarding is the problem now.  I believe
I've enabled this port to be forwarded in my router.

john12 at Gandalf:~$ telnet localhost 5300
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
^]
telnet> quit
Connection closed.

john12 at Gandalf:~$ telnet 91.85.212.181 5300
Trying 91.85.212.181...

Pointers on what to read or suggestions?

Cheers,
Adam