[protege-discussion] Importing data from mysql to protege

Tia tifitz99 at excite.com
Wed Jul 22 18:30:17 PDT 2009

Hello,
I imported my tables from mysql into protege using the datamaster tab. I can see the tables that I created in the database, but I can't see the values that I inserted into the tables. I have created the properties in protege as tables in Mysql . In the example below heart, lung, aorta and atrium and all instances in the ontology.  Also, should I leave the ontology blank and then insert the tables/values into ontology? Could someone help me with this? Thanks.

Example:
Class/Subclass from ontology that are tables in the database.
Table 1-Body_Anatomy
         pk Anatomy_id (AutoIncrement number)         Anatomy_name            Part_id
                               1                                              heart                              B1
                               2                                              lung                               B2
Table 2-Body_SubAnatomy
         pk Subanatomy_id  (AutoIncrement number)              Subanatomy_name          Relates_to
                                          1                                               aorta                           B1
                                          2                                               atrium                          B1

Heart in the anatomy table relates to aorta and atrium in the subanatomy table.  In my ontology the word relates_to is a property.  How do I get them to link together in the ontology.

Bamboo Flooring
The strong, silent type. Click here for great looking bamboo flooring!
http://tagline.excite.com/fc/FgElN1gz4wtkW2nkvQDDVnt359nJ0M2dw7ziNgBV43Hj88viDKdoAGhqYjm/