[protege-discussion] Protege 3.4.1 and Web Protege

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 27 18:20:31 PDT 2009

Hi Peter,

Peter Ward wrote:
> As I was not set up for development, I have spent the day getting
> Eclipse and various odds and ends. I now have WebProtege built and
> running in hosted mode with console output...
>
> In AdminServiceImpl -- init
> Path to Metaproject:
> D:\workspace\web-protege\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\projects\metaproject\metaproject.pprj
> WebProtege server running with local projects
> Found project def in metaproject: Collaborative Newspaper at:
> examples/collaborativeNewspaper/collaborativeNewspaper.pprj
> Found project def in metaproject: Newspaper at:
> examples/newspaper/newspaper.pprj
> Found project def in metaproject: Wines at: examples/wines/wines.pprj
> Found project def in metaproject: Pizza at: examples/pizza/pizza.owl.pprj
> Found project def in metaproject: Collaborative Pizza at:
> examples/collaborativePizza/collaborativePizza.owl.pprj
>
> I can open the (local) Pizza project, but I do not know how to make it
> connect to my running 3.4.1 server.

In ProjectManager.java (edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.server package),
change the loadOntologiesFromServer variable to true.  You should now
see this when running in console mode:

In AdminServiceImpl -- init
WebProtege server running with remote projects loaded from the Protege
server: localhost

Alternatively, you can also create a "protege.properties" file, put it
in your tomcat installation directory, and put the variable in there as
either:

load.ontologies.from.protege.server=true

- or -

load.ontologies.from.protege.server=false

Jennifer