[protege-discussion] Problems when using WebProtege: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return;

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 31 05:59:31 PDT 2009

Here you will  probably get better help from Jennifer and Tania. A lot
depends on how you set up your development environment.   I have not
yet looked at the recommended gwt/web-protege method.  (Soon.
Jennifer has/is making some excellent instructions.)  I am also not
sure of about versioning but I think that if your  web-protege is the
latest from svn then so must be protege and some of the plugins.

In my development, I follow your second course because I like  to have
the sources around.  Also it is very easy to quickly build a
distribution of Protege from sources [1].   You can test the setup
with the web-protege ant scripts (ant run.server + ant hosted - see
the readme.txt in the web-protege distribution) and then get the
eclipse environment working in the same way.

-Timothy

[1] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/ConfiguringAntBuildFiles