[protege-discussion] some questions about using psmtab in protege3.1

Samson Tu swt at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 2 13:30:23 PDT 2009

琦常 wrote:
> Dear Samson:
>             I have built a prototype ontology of my domain:monitoring
> and diagnosis. I also built some SWRL rule of reasoning about the
> judgement and selection of the diagnosis algorithm. but i see it's hard
> to build my diagnosis algorithm with SWRL rule, for example the
> artificial neural network. how can i integrate the algorithm into it.

You have to use Protege API to integrate non-Protege software (e.g.,
neural network) with your ontology.

> can you help me and maybe give me some advice? and i want to build some
> agent framework of finishing the system work--monitoring and diagnosis.
> i read that jessagenttab is a good tool of integrating the agent
> template building with jess. but i follow the link in the plugin library
> listed and just can't get through, how can i get it any where else? and
> i see there's an application name jadejessprotege.jar, what the use is
> that? thank you very much.

The jessagenttab was contributed by a non-Stanford project. It can still
be downloaded if you follow the link from the old Protege wiki plugin
page to SourceForge. However, it hasn't been updated for a number of
years and we don't know whether it still works with the current version
of Protege. If you want to use agent, you should use
ontologybeangenerator[1] that Csonger Nyulas developed. (Version 4.1
should be forthcoming.)

Samson

[1] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/OntologyBeanGenerator_4.0