[protege-discussion] Problem with Oracle 10g database backend

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Wed Jun 3 11:50:28 PDT 2009

One of my user community has recently experienced the following error
when trying to use Oracle 10g as the database backend in a Protege
Server setup.

"Errors found performing operation.
1. Errors at copying knowledgebase jdbc:oracle:thin:@us-
vm-18:1521:essarc01
Exception class java.sql.BatchUpdateException. Message: ORA-01400:
cannot insert NULL into ("ESSPRJ"."EAREPOSITORY"."FACET")
See console and log for more details.
The FACET field has a NOT NULL constraint."

I noticed from the mail archives that something like this has been
seen before in Protege 3.2.1 [1] and was wondering what the resolution
for this is/was as I know that the database backend stuff has been re-
written for Protege 3.4.

[1] https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-discussion/2007-January/000503.html

Thanks very much for your help
Regards

Jonathan

_______________________________________

Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd

Web: www.enterprise-architecture.com
_______________________________________

Proud sponsors of The Essential Project.

www.enterprise-architecture.org
_______________________________________

W O R L D    C L A S S    A R C H I T E C T U R E

This message is confidential and may be privileged. It is for the
exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the
intended recipient(s) please notify the sender and delete the message
immediately. Unauthorised disclosure, distribution and copying of this
email is strictly prohibited. The opinions expressed within this
message are those of the individual author. Whilst EAS Ltd take
reasonable steps to scan this email it does not accept liability for
any virus that may be contained in it. EAS Ltd, 29 Harley Street,
London W1G 9QR. Telephone +44 (0)20 7612 4322 Fax +44 (0)20 7182 6749