Search Mailing List Archives
[protege-discussion] Using maven to build protege
roman.zenka at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 19:32:26 PDT 2009
Have you considered moving from ant based build to maven
(http://maven.apache.org/), or provide maven as an alternative?
Maven would make Protege even easier to contribute code to:
- code instantly compiles (correct version of javacc installed automatically)
- the Protege project directly openable in major development
environments (NetBeans, Eclipse, IntelliJ)
- .jar dependencies downloaded on demand (no longer committed into
Subversion) - faster source download
- automatic project site generation with lots of useful metrics (e.g.
JUnit code coverage)
- easier to produce artifacts for the maven central repository
- easier to split the project into smaller modules (better reuse) -
Maven handles the dependencies for you.
What do you think?
More information about the protege-discussion