[protege-discussion] exportSWRLRulesAndOWLKnowledge and writeAssertedIndividualsAndProperties2OWL

narjess touzani narjess_tz at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 17 13:11:17 PDT 2009

Hi
I am trying to load an ontology with Protégé-OWL API. I find documentaion on these two links:
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?action=browse&id=SWRLRuleEngineBridgeFAQ&revision=67
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?action=browse&id=SWRLRuleEngineBridgeFAQ
First, what is the diffrence between these two pages? and which one must I use.

Second, after executing rules, i want to write the inferred axioms in the owl of owlModel. So the code is:

String uri = ".........."; SWRLRuleEngineBridge bridge = BridgeFactory.createBridge(owlModel);bridge.resetBridge();
bridge.importSWRLRulesAndOWLKnowledge();bridge.exportSWRLRulesAndOWLKnowledge(); bridge.runRuleEngine();bridge.writeAssertedIndividualsAndProperties2OWL();bridge.resetRuleEngine();
}
}

But the two lines in green doen't work too. I don't know why. I get the following errors although i have imported edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.bridge.SWRLRuleEngineBridge:

//bridge.exportSWRLRulesAndOWLKnowledge(); -->The method exportSWRLRulesAndOWLKnowledge() is undefined for the type SWRLRuleEngineBridge
 //bridge.writeAssertedIndividualsAndProperties2OWL(); -->The method writeAssertedIndividualsAndProperties2OWL() is undefined for the type SWRLRuleEngineBridge

Can someone help me please. I am blocked and can't continu my work without writting the result in OWL model !.
Thanks a lot
 bridge.infer();
OWLModel owlModel = ......