[protege-discussion] Re : Query don't give the expected result

narjess touzani narjess_tz at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 19 16:47:04 PDT 2009

Thank you Thomas , thank you  Samson for your explanations.
It works correctly now :)

________________________________
De : Thomas Russ <tar at ISI.EDU>
À : User support for Core Protege and the Protege-Frames editor <protege-discussion at lists.stanford.edu>
Envoyé le : Vendredi, 19 Juin 2009, 16h25mn 42s
Objet : Re: [protege-discussion] Query don't give the expected result

On Jun 19, 2009, at 11:06 AM, Samson Tu wrote:

> narjess touzani wrote:
>> Hi
>> It is strange  but I have the following rule in my ontologie:
>> fiche-Demarche(F1, "Lineaire")  ∧ aEvaluation(Lineaire, ?E)  →
>> fiche-Evaluation(F1, ?E)  ∧ sqwrl:select(?E)
>> But when I excute it in the sqwrlQuery tab , it gives nothing as
>> result
>> fiche-Demarche and fiche-Evaluation are datatype properties (string)
>> fiche-Evaluation is object property
>

> fiche-Evaluation can't be datatype and object properties at the same
> time. If you meant to say aEvaluation is a datatype property, and F1,
> Lineaire are the names of individuals, the query will work, returning
> the ?E value in aEvaluation(Lineaire, ?E).

Actually, since the variable ?E links the range arguments of
aEvaluation and fiche-Evaluation, both of those have to be either
ObjectProperties or DatatypeProperties.  Actually, if they aren't the
same class of property, then that would explain the other error the OP
asked about.