[protege-discussion] finding all possible relations between two classes of ontology.

mahaveer jain mahaveercse at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jun 22 14:42:11 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,
  I am developing a domain based QA system.For this
i am populating ontology of domains.I do need to find out the possible
relation between two classes of ontology....
  for example ....we have text ..
  BarackObama born on August 4, 1961.
  I am using GATE for named entity recognisation so i will be able to find BarckObama(politician) and August 4,1961 (date).
 In
order to populate the ontology i should be able to find out all the
relations which can be possible between the politician class and date
class....
  say if i have some relations of form in onotolgy
    politician class---property_name-----date class

then
i will try to find semantic equality between "born on" and
property_name(for all retrieved  properties ) and will take the
property which has similarity more then thresold value and has highest
value among others....
for this i need to find the all possible relation between two classes ....

have read the javadoc where i could get the function to find all
rdfProperty for a class but i couldn't get same for owlObjecProperty....
I will be highly thanful for your help...

      Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website.. Enter http://cricket.yahoo.com