[protege-discussion] Setting the display name for a class (BrowserSlotPattern) - Does it work on a remote project?

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 5 13:36:30 PST 2009

Hi Ron,

In client-server mode, if you set the browser pattern for a slot from a
client, then this will not be sent to the server. So, the new browser
text will take effect on the client that performed the call. When the
client exits, the next time it will log on, it will not have the
previously set browser pattern.

The browser slot patterns are read from the server at the initialization
of the client, and after that they are disconnected.

There are ways of setting the browser slot pattern on the server (and
this will affect all the clients) using a ProtegeJob. If you are
interested in this approach, I can give more details.

Tania