[protege-discussion] Mac Leopard / Prompt problem was Re: Memory problem?

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 5 13:45:55 PST 2009

Hi Karin,

I suggest that you use Protege 3.4 RC 1 or later. We are very close to
making the Protege 3.4 release, which contains many improvements from 3.3.1.

If you can send me the ontology offline, I can take a look to see what
causes the problems.

Other people have reported problems when using the Protege default L&F
on Mac OSX, and it is recommended to use the Mac L&F for this case.
It doesn't really make sense that Prompt has a problem with this.

How did you increase the memory and how do you start Protege? If you use
the Protege executable, you need to edit the plist. If you run it using
the run_protege.sh, then you need to adjust the script. We have detailed
information on how to increase the heap size on the wiki [1]. If you
start with the script, the console will tell you in the first line with
how much memory Protege is started.

Tania

[1]: http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Setting_Heap_Size